University of London (UOL) was established in 1836. It is a federation of 18 different world class universities awarding degrees in various disciplines, like Kings College, UCL, LSE, SOAS, Royal Hallway, Queen Mary, Birkbek, Goldsmith and others. UOL is truly international in character with over 50,000 students from more than 180 countries studying graduate and undergraduate degrees under the academic direction of its member institutions. The Economics, Management, Finance and Social Sciences degrees (EMFSS) provided at our teaching centre is under the academic direction of the prestigious London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
The London School of Economics and Political Science is a world leading social science institution. Its teaching and research are recognised worldwide as a benchmark of quality. LSE has ranked first in Europe and second in the world for Social Sciences and Management for the past few years. You can find this in the QS subject rankings 2021
What is a RECOGNISED TEACHING CENTRE (RTC)? We are the 1st UOL RTC to operate in Egypt. We operate under the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), in two of its AASTMT Campuses (Heliopolis and Smart Village). Which means our institution is recognised by UOL to show excellence in teaching the LSE courses and in providing support to students in terms of academics and administrative issues. Our recognised teaching centre has been receiving commendation letters for the past four years from both UOL and LSE, for excellent pass rates and students’ results.
What is Academic Direction?
What do we offer? Under the LSE EMFSS Programs (Economics, Management, Finance and Social Sciences) we offer 3 BSc degrees in:
What are the entry requirements?
- Age 17+ by 30 November in the year of registration.
- For IG students certificates:
- English Proficiency Test:
- APTIS: must achieve an overall CEFR score of at least B2 equivalent with at least B2 equivalent in each sub category.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
- City & Guilds International ESOL 8984 Mastery award.
- Duolingo: must achieve an overall score of at least 105.
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System: 6 overall, with 5.5 in each sub-test (Academic or General or IELTS Indicator Online Test).
- Password English Language Test: 6 overall, with 5.5 in each sub-test.
- Pearson Test of English, Academic: 54 overall, with 54 in Reading and Writing elements.
- University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES) Business English Certificate, Level 3 only (BEC 3 award).
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language (including Special Home Edition test): 87 overall, with 21+ in Reading and Writing sub-tests and 19+ in Speaking and Listening sub-tests.
- Maths Placement Exam
What are the fees?
Fees are split into AASTMT fees and UOL Fees.
- AASTMT fees are divided into 3 categories where fees are discounted based on academic performance and announced every academic year. Students may be subject to further scholarships based on academic or athletic achievements. Please contact AASTMT Admissions office for further details.
- UOL fees
How to apply?
Location: Heliopolis-New Village