Pharos University is the first Egyptian private university in Alexandria. It was established by Presidential Decree No. 252, 2006 and Presidential Decree No. 302, 2009.The university’s certificates are all accredited by the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities and the Ministry of Higher Education.
Member of the Association of Arab Universities
Member of the Euro-Mediterranean Universities Union
Member of the Francophone Universities Agency
- Pharm D
- Pharm D Clinical
- Dental and Oral Surgery
- Engineering in collaboration with KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Architectural Engineering Department
- Computer Engineering Department
- Electrical Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Petrochemical Engineering Department
- Construction Engineering and Management Department
- Financial and Administrative Sciences in collaboration with TU Dublin
- Finance & Investment
- Languages and Translation
- BA in English Language
- BA in French Language
- BA in Chinese Language
- BA in Spanish Language
- BA in Turkish Language
- Legal Studies and International Relations
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Tourism
- Bachelor in Hotel Management
- Applied Health Sciences and Technology
- Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology
- Bachelor degree in Radiology and Medical Imaging Technology
- Bachelor degree in Optical Technology
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition and Food Safety Technology
- Bachelor degree in Critical Care and Anesthesia Technology
- Bachelor degree in Dental Prostheses Manufacture Technology
- Mass Communication
- Physical Therapy
- Arts And Design
- Bachelor degree in Decor – Interior Design
- Bachelor degree in Decor – Expressive Arts
- Bachelor degree in Graphic – Graphic Design
- Bachelor degree in Graphic – Illustration
- Bachelor degree in Media Arts – Digital Media
- Bachelor degree in Media Arts – Animation and Video Film
- Bachelor degree in Painting – Drawing and Painting
- Bachelor degree in Painting – Mural Design
- Bachelor degree in Fashion Design
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning program
- Data science program
- Computer science program
- Cyber security program
- Required Documents
- Original IG exams certificate accredited by the British Council + Egyptian Foreign Affairs and the General Administration of Examination at the Egyptian Ministry of Education ((الإدارة العامة للإمتحانات (ONLY for applicants who got their IG in Egypt).
- Original preparatory school certificate, in case it was studied according to the Egyptian system or a complete academic sequence, in case it was studied according to a foreign system, accredited by the stamp of the government.
- Academic credentials
- Abiding by the enrollment terms of minimum grades set by the ministry.
- Eight O.L. subjects should be studied, including the qualifying subjects; minimum grade should be C, and three or four study years. Taking into consideration any changes made by the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education.
- Mathematics AS or AL to apply to the Faculty of Engineering, minimum grade should be D.
- Studying a 2nd language French, German or Spanish from the O.Level (O.L) subjects is a must to apply to the Faculty of Language & translation.
- Qualifying Subjects
The following subjects should be studied in school in order to apply to any of the faculties of the university: (English Language – Biology – Physics – Chemistry – Mathematics).
May apply to the theoretical faculties (Financial & Administrative Sciences – Languages & Translation – Legal Studies – Tourism & Hotel Management – Mass Communication – Arts & Design.
Fees (Egyptian Students)
Pharm D-Clinical: 114,000
Applied Health Sciences & Technology
Financial & Administrative Sciences
Legal Studies and International Relations
Languages and Translation
Tourism & Hotel Management
Arts & Design
Important enrollment notes for the academic year 2020/2021
- Paying for the application form online does not mean enrolling in the university. The student will be listed in admission according to the dates set by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- All the required documents should be uploaded on the website in PDF.
- The student should obtain his/her certificate, so the grades total could be calculated in order to apply on the website.
- Upload personal passport-size photo (6*4).
- There should be more than one telephone number for each student to communicate easily with the student. The students’ names should be clear in their email addresses which are the most important means of communication and should be checked daily.
- Secondary School Certificates from KSA: the certificate of the aptitude test and school certificate should be uploaded in PDF.
- American Diploma: the certificates of grade (10-11-12), SAT1 and SAT2, primary and preparatory should be uploaded as well as the Username and Password of student’s online account in College Board website (for SAT scores).
- G.C.S.E: all the student’s trials should be uploaded in PDF as well as primary and preparatory certificates.
- Other foreign secondary schools certificates: the school certificate and primary and preparatory certificates should be uploaded.
For registration and enrollment at Pharos University and the Ministry of Higher Education, applicants should follow the procedures below in order:
- Visiting the official website of Pharos University on the following link: https://www.pua.edu.eg/
- Clicking on APPLY NOW as indicated in the picture and fill out the form with the needed information.
- To fill the application, registration fees have to be paid online as is indicated below.
- The applicant will receive a receipt confirming the online-payment process like what follows.
- The applicant will receive a number confirming the registration process on his/her e-mail.
- The applicant should print this message and submit the printout along with all needed documents to the concerned employee in the Office of Admissions and Registration on the ground floor in the Food Court building. The applicant then will receive a formal letter proving the submission of these documents.
- The applicant should head for the tuition fees collection office in front of the faculty of Engineering to submit the formal letter and obtain the payment order, with which tuition fees are to be paid.
- After obtaining the payment order, the applicant should head to the CIB branch in campus to pay tuition fees for the first semester.
- The applicant will receive an email with the date of his/her interview.
- After the interview, the student’s English level will be determined.
- After the interview and receiving the temporary ID, the student should head to the campus clinic in the Humanities and Social Studies building (the faculty of Financial and Administrative Sciences) to obtain the medical examination report marked with a seal of approval after the applicant submits an analysis report of Hepatitis C virus (HCV).
- The student should visit the university’s website pua.edu.eg to know the admission results after the end of admission phase according to the instructions of the Ministry of Higher Education.
Pharos University, Canal El Mahmoudia Street, beside Green Plaza Complex.